This page can replace: Log Files, FAQ, and reserve some of the Connecting page for connection examples in different languages.
pgAdmin3 is a popular GUI client for PostgreSQL. It is available from https://www.pgadmin.org/ with cersions for Windows and Mac OS X. Download, install and run it then select "Add Server" on the menu bar to create a new connection. This will show the following dialog:
The details needed to complete this dialog can be found in the Connection Info panel in the overview of your deployment:
New Server Registration panel in pgAdmin3. Properties tab.
- Name: can be anything describing your Postgres deployment. For simplicity, make this the same name as used in Compose.
- Host: this will be from the host part of your connection string.
- Port: this will be from the port part of your connection string.
- Username: this will be the username for either admin or a user you have created.
- Password: this will be the password for either admin (found in the Credentials section) or a user you have created.
After completing the fields, select the "SSL" tab:
New Server Registration panel in pgAdmin3. SSL tab.
Change SSL to "require". Click "OK" to save the connection settings and connect to the database.